Open Until Filled
Reports To: Youth Service Worker Supervisor
Salary (Grade): $12.52 (G9-E)
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Non Exempt)
Location: 910 N Mission Dr. Winnebago, NE 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview:
Plans menus, in accordance with the Nebraska Department of Education Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) daily nutrition requirements, keeping budgetary concerns in mind. Responsible for daily food preparation, serving of meals, ordering food and other necessary paperwork. Has primary responsibility for the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen. This employee may be asked to help the residents learn to cook and clean the kitchen. Hours will be from 6:30am to 11:00am all work will be done under the supervision of the Director.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the security measures as they apply to the facility.
- Familiar with and implementing the policies and procedures of the facility as set forth by the facility handbook, policy manual, and any other directives as promulgated by the unit Director.
- Assist with and participates In-service and Continuing Education training.
- Be aware of the juvenile’s medical and special needs and coordinates assistance in those areas.
- Will also assist and supervise daily clean up and maintenance of the kitchen.
- Preparation of breakfast, lunch, supper and snacks in compliance with the Nebraska Department of Education CACFP daily nutrition requirements, and in quantities according to a menu and number of persons to be served.
- Must become knowledgeable and have an understanding of the Nebraska Department of Education CACFP and its reporting requirements.
- Records must be maintained for meals and supplements served.
- Records must be maintained to document food quantities prepared for each meal and grocery receipts for food purchases.
- Sets up, prepares and serves meals.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, keeps shelves stocked and orders supplies.
- Will employ sanitation, cleanliness, and food storage techniques as endorsed by the CACFP, HAACP and EAP.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Must have experience cooking, possess a knowledge of basic principles of good nutrition, have the ability to plan for economy in shopping, and in planning, preparing and serving balanced meals and snacks.
- Must have good personal cleanliness habits and should be sincerely interested in working with youth.
- Must understand requirements for hygienic house keeping
- Must be in excellent physical and mental health. Must take and pass a physical within 30 days of hire and annually after that.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must handle confidential information with discretion. Information about all children, families and related activities must be kept confidential.
- Must be 21 years of age and provide proof of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must meet driver’s eligibility guidelines.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within 60 day so hire a First Aid/CPR certification.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- May assume supervisory shift responsibility when or where appropriate or as assigned by the immediate supervisor or director.
- Must attend all meetings as directed by immediate supervisor or director.
- Must be willing to pursue an education and /or training plan..
- Normal to heavy work, which includes the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- Manual dexterity with cooperatively free range of motion of all extremities including neck, fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, arms, shoulders, waist, legs, hips, knee joints, ankles, and feet.
- Must be physically fit and be free from any communicable diseases.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
- Some degree of hazard is present while working with juveniles with emotional/behavioral issues.
- Applicant must be willing to work any assigned schedule with the knowledge that every six months the schedule will change.
- Must be aware that all schedules are subject to change and may be required to stay for extra shifts when deemed necessary.
Certificates, Licenses & registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)