Open Until Filled
Assistant Planning and Development Director
Reports To: Director of Planning and Development
Salary (Grade): Salary Negotiable DOE
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Exempt)
Location: Planning and Development Office, 112 Bluff St, Winnebago, NE 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview
This position will assist in the leading of the Planning and Development office team and its three main components: coordination of tribal-wide planning, data management and grant writing with guidance from the Tribal Council and input from tribal members, tribal staff, and residents of the Winnebago Reservation. This position shall work closely with the Planning and Development Director, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Tribal Council, as well as Department Directors.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Provides recommendations regarding departmental goals and objectives, and budget within the context of the Planning and Development Department Annual Operating plan.
- Perform director level work in planning, developing, organizing and managing the comprehensive long-term strategic plan and annual operating plan, data center, grant planning, writing, implementation, and quality assurance.
- Provide strategic planning and grant expertise and guidance to Directors, Program Managers, and Grant Project Staff.
- Assist the Director of Planning and Development with recommendations and implementation of strategic planning, grant, and contract policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Tribal, State and Federal grant related guidelines.
- Assist in regular communication with all Tribal Departments.
- Maintain on-going professional education to ensure quality and professionalism.
- Assist the Director of Planning and Development in meeting the performance goals established by the CEO and the Tribal Council.
- Attend required Tribal and departmental meetings as requested.
- Present to the Tribal Council and/or the CEO regular reports on the progress of the department in the Planning and Development Director’s absence.
- Make recommendations for decisions in matters of significance in coordination with the Planning and Development Director.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-10 years in community planning, grant application and writing or combination of experience and education: knowledge of Winnebago Tribe operation and grant programs preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and personnel skills (able to work and glean respect).
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenges of helping other people.
- Professional in communications, appearance, relationships, and responsiveness.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision.
- Positive Attitude.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background checks.
- Must possess and maintain a valid US driver’s license and meet and maintain eligibility for the Tribe’s motor vehicle insurance.
- Will supervise P&D staff in the absence of P&D Director
- As Directed by management
- Medium office work, which includes the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Ability to drive company owned or personal vehicle.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)