Open Until Filled
Enrollment Clerk I
Reports to: Enrollment Director
Salary (Grade): $11.04/hour (G5-1)
Status: Reg, Full-time (Non Exempt)
Location: Enrollment Department located in Winnebago, Nebraska
Job Purpose and Position Overview:
The purpose of this position is to perform various duties associated with maintaining accurate tribal enrollment records.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision and values.
- Maintains accurate tribal enrollment records by updating database for names and/or addresses of the entire enrollment population.
- Process and issue tribal identification cards, CIB’s, complete family trees and other requests of information.
- Verify membership of tribal members upon request.
- Provide assistance to tribal members, departments/programs and other organizations on relevant enrollment issues.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties to include, but not limited to; answering phone, filing, copying, fax and shredding.
- Must perform all duties in a manner that ensures the strictest confidentiality due to access to sensitive information.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years clerical experience.
- Must possess general operating knowledge of various computers, software programs, and office equipment (i.e. copiers, fax machine, calculator), and above average typing skills.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Ability to comprehend enrollment criteria as it pertains to enrollment processes/procedures.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively handle satisfied and unsatisfied patrons alike.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform with little to no supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred
- Must attend all department meetings and training courses as required or directed by the Enrollment Specialist
- Normal Office/Medium work (ability to lift up to 30 lbs.)
- Employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone and other basic office equipment.
- While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Regular social interaction
- Works with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to effectively and continually employ professional verbal and written communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies, and comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at www.winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference over Non-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)