Lease Compliance Technician
Reports to: Land Management Coordinator
Salary (Grade): Negotiable D.O.E.
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Non Exempt)
Location: B.I.A. Winnebago Agency, Winnebago NE 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview:
The incumbent will work primarily as a lease compliance technician in day-to-day management of the Land management department. Be responsible for program leasing, maintaining records, and preparing reports, field inspections, and assists coordinator in various duties to fulfill the department’s goals and objectives.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Locate metes and bounds for home site, commercial, and agricultural leases.
- Gather data needed to produce fair market value for lease rental appraisals for expiring leases on trust and fee tracts.
- Resolve conflict issues between Tribal/Fee home site lessee and landowners.
- Inspect agricultural lessee’s to make sure they are within property boundaries.
- Conduct field inspections to assure lessees are compliant with farm plan.
- Conduct field inspections of tribally owned lands, those lands the tribe owns and have undivided interests in for the protection of use of trust property.
- Assists in the research of files to assure all leases, contracts titles, land description appraisals and other required information is properly documented.
- Modification and cancelation of home site leases.
- Assists in assuring all filing system information is correct and amended as needed and maintained accordingly.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Associate degree in Agronomy or related resource field preferred.
- Working knowledge of Tribal agricultural, residential, and commercial leasing.
- Ability to locate metes and bounds.
- Ability to read aerial maps.
- Ability to read and write legal descriptions, metes and bounds.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet driver eligibility guidelines.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Must be willing to attend meetings and trainings as required or directed by land management coordinator.
- Normal to heavy office work which includes the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment. Occasional kneeling, stooping and bending.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- Ability to work outside in weather extremes more than 50% working hours.
- Needs to be physically fit for extensive walk during field checks.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision.
- Incumbent must utilize standard office software including word processor, spreadsheet software and database management software.
- Substantial decision making relative to personnel, safety, fiscal, and operations management.
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.winnebagotribe.com
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)