Reports to: Planning & Development Director
Salary (Grade): Salary Negotiable
Status: Reg., Full-Time (Exempt)
Location: Planning and Development Office 112 Bluff St, Winnebago, NE
Job Purpose & Position Overview
This position will be a part of the Planning and Development Office team and be responsible for grant applications, proposal preparation and administrative duties to include: researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities for most tribal programs.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision and values
- Research grant programs and plans and prepare applications
- Research and write funding applications
- Coordinate and lead the activities of a grant program that supports projects for Tribal programs
- Conduct meetings to identify and prioritize project needs
- Write or assist other program directors in writing grant applications
- Edit and submit applications
- Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements and procedures
- Troubleshoot conflict resolution with various agencies
- Prepare all required reports as required by agencies
- Serve as liaison to supervisors, directors, staff and funding agencies
- Coordinate funding program activities
- Responsible for fiscal requirements of projects
- Makes decisions in matters of significance
- Duties listed are only illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years in grant application and writing or combination of experience and education; knowledge of Winnebago Tribe grant programs preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenges of helping other people
- Professional in communications, appearance, relationships, and responsiveness
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision
- Ability to pass drug screen and background checks
- Must have a valid US Driver’s license
- Must be willing to pursue professional certification and/or training as directed
- Normal to medium office work which includes the ability to lift up to 10 – 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and comprehend.
- Ability to drive company owned or personal vehicle.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference overNon-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)