IT Support Tech
Reports To: IT Director
Salary (Grade): $27.87 (G25-E)
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Non Exempt)
Location: Winnebago Comprehensive Healthcare System, Winnebago, Nebraska 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview
The IT Support Tech's primary focus may be in the areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management. It performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results. Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, and equipment maintenance and repair, and computer operations assignments. Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises. Updates supervisor on status of projects or technical issues. Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support. May provide information to students, staff, faculty or general public on established policies and procedures, or services provided. This is a model job description. The duties listed below are representative and characteristic of the duties required. They are intended to suggest a general level of skill and complexity and as such are not a substitute for the specific descriptions for individual positions.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Tests programs;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
- Administers user accounts;
- Designs and produces basic reports;
- Paycom Admin, Email Admin, Intacct Admin;
- Transfers computer files between platforms;
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Arranges for distribution of output to customer;
- Maintains records;
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent with data processing training, computer operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, be insurable, and have access to own transportation.
- Must be able to travel, sometimes on short notice, to accomplish department business.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings, and/or when position requires.
- As required by the position and/or as directed by IT Director.
- Normal to light office work which includes the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, various office equipment, and vehicles.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference overNon-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)