Open Until Filled
Gaming Internal Auditor
Gaming Internal Auditor
Reports to: Treasurer WTN Council
Salary (Grade): Negotiable DOE
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Exempt)
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Exempt)
Location: WinnaVegas Casino Sloan IA, Native Star Casino Winnebago NE, Iron Horse Casino Emerson NE
Job Purpose & Position Overview
Under the direction of the Tribal Treasurer, the Gaming Internal Auditor will evaluate the adequacy of internal controls as they relate to the accomplishment of Casino objectives and techniques, develop an operational understanding of assigned Casino business/program entities and projects and foster productive working relationships with all levels of management. In accomplishing these activities, the Gaming Internal Auditor shall have full, free, and unrestricted access to all Casino functions, records, property and personnel. The Gaming Internal Auditor shall perform any and all other duties necessary to ensure that Tribal operations are maintained in an efficient, professional manner.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values
- Administer the internal auditing activity of the various Casino operations.
- Develop a comprehensive, practical program of audit coverage for the various Casino operations.
- Identify those activities subject to audit coverage, evaluate their significance and assess the degree of risk inherent in the activity in terms of cost, schedule and quality.
- Conduct reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
- Ensure compliance with NIGC minimum internal control standards.
- Evaluate, review, assess, test, and ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control objectives and techniques in accordance with prescribed criteria (management, regulatory bodies, professional and legal standards).
- Review the integrity of financial information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Review the means of safeguard assets, and verifying the existence of such assets.
- Determine whether organizational units are performing their activities in compliance with management directives.
- Incorporate standards for internal audit using the standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Appraise the adequacy of the actions taken by management to correct reported conditions.
- Plan and execute audits in accordance with accepted professional standards.
- Report audit findings and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing costs.
- Perform special reviews at the request of management.
- Conduct and provide assistance in investigations related to fraud.
- Assist and perform audit work with the various Casino external auditors in conjunction with the annual audit work with the various Casino external auditors in conjunction with the annual audit and other such areas as identified.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Ability to obtain a gaming license is required.
- B.S. in Accounting or Business Management preferred. This requirement may be waived based on relevant work experience and job knowledge.
- 5-7 years of experience working with accounting, auditing, business management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills required to fulfill the specified duties.
- Professional certification preferred. Demonstrated continued efforts for technical, professional and personal development will be considered.
- General knowledge and understanding of auditing theory and practice.
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive situations and or investigations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Requires independence and use of initiative and judgment as applies to accounting, auditing, management and control concepts.
- Requires proficiency with computer hardware/software, including Excel and Microsoft office, ten-key adding machine, and typewriting.
- Must assume responsibility for accuracy and timelines of work product.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must meet driver’s eligibility guidelines.
- As Directed by management
- Office work which includes the ability to lift up to 10-15 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is expected to communicate regularly with staff and management of the Tribe and Casinos.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at www.winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference over Non-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)