Open Until Filled.
Child Support Case Manager
Child Support Case Manager
Reports to: Child Support Director
Salary (Grade): $17.30 (G14-E)
Status: Reg. Full-Time(Non-Exempt)
Status: Reg. Full-Time(Non-Exempt)
Location: 1000 Industrial Parkway, Winnebago NE 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview:
The Case Manager is required diverse responsibilities and will provide support to the Winnebago Child Support Program (WTN-CSP). The individual will perform hands–on personal case manager for clients with the goal of increasing, long-term financial support for the children. The individual will initiate the establishment of paternity actions and child support order as well as the review and modification of child support orders.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Gains and maintains knowledge of the federal child support IV-D case management rules and laws, the WTN CSP Tribal plan, policy and procedures manual and the Winnebago Tribal Code.
- Reviews and processes all applications for IV-D services by the WTN-CSP in accordance with the WTN-CSP policy and procedures manual.
- Responds courteously and timely to inquiries from other jurisdictions, current clients, or the general public regarding the WTN-CSP or current child sport cases in accordance with the WTN-CSP policy and procedures manual.
- Conducts in-office and telephone interviews with custodial and non-custodial parents.
- Performs buccal swabs for genetic testing when indicated for paternity establishment.
- Responsible as the primary point of contact and disbursement for Genetic Testing.
- Reviews child support cases and takes the next appropriate action on the cases in a timely manner in accordance with the WTN-CSP policy and procedures manual
- Identify and utilize all collection actions on cases with the goal minimizing family conflict by working first with the non-custodial parent to obtain cooperation when possible.
- Prepares or assists the IV-D director with the necessary paperwork for:
- o Locate Activities
- o Service of process
- o Genetic testing and paternity actions
- o Court hearings
- o Establishment of child support orders
- o Enforcement of child support orders, including income withholding order
- o Modification of child support orders
- o Recognition of orders foreign jurisdictions (pursuant to full faith and credit)
- Assist Financial Specialist with calculations or current and past due debt obligation by referring to the WTN-CSP child support guidelines and the Winnebago Policy and procedures manual.
- Informs the Financial Specialist about new modified child support orders.
- Prepares files for court and requests current child support payment history from the Financial Specialist.
- Works closely with the Tribal Court staff to schedule child support court cases on the upcoming court docket.
- Attends child support hearing at the Tribal Court as needed; may be required to appear as a witness for the tribal prosecutor or presenting officers in child support cases.
- Notifies all parties concerned regarding continuances, cancellations, and rescheduling of court hearings by telephone, mail, or personal service.
- Utilizes read only access to the Nebr4aska State I CHARTS system and ensure strict adherence to the federal and state confidentiality agreements.
- Meticulously maintains child support files by keeping clear records of actions, conversations and correspondence on the case files notes; effective maintenance of automated records may also be required.
- Cooperation with financial Specialist to provide child support collections notices and delinquency notices when requested.
- Assists Child Support Director in preparation of narrative and statistical reports for the tribal and federal offices pursuant to policy and procedures and federal guide lines.
- Assist with quality assurance reviews and corrective actions related to case management issues of the WTN-CSP
- Assist staff attorney with child support cases and other child support related data as needed.
- Assist staff in all child support areas as needed.
- Responsible as the primary point of contact with non-custodial parents and employers to establish income withholding orders in accordance with the WTN-CSP Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Helps maintain a positive working relationship with other tribal programs, local and regional employers to ensure that WTN-CSP payment procedures are followed.
- Establish good working relations with Tribal and State TANF agencies to provide accurate and timely manner updates whenever requested.
- Cooperates and effectively communicates with the IV-D programs when necessary using the approved federal transmittal forms.
- Works closely with state and county IV-D staff on cases that have been transferred to the WTN-SCP
- Provide all clients or entities with information requested in a timely fashion, pursuant to policy and procedures and federal guidelines.
- Receives the public and clients in a consistent and personable manner.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have completed two (2) or more years of college or two (2) years’ experience in a related area.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and must meet driver’s eligibility guidelines.
- Must be a Nebraska Public Notary or be able to obtain Notary
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and specifically Excel is required, and experience in Word processing and data entry is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Must be timely, dependable, courteous, and maintain a business-like appearance
- Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
- Maintains a professional environment in the WTN-CSP office and workplace.
- Must have a positive attitude, be innovative and interested in problem solving and work as a team player for the WTN-CSP
- Must possess excellent customer service focus, strong organizational skills but detail oriented and self-directed when acting as a representative of the WTN-CSP
- Must remain self-confident when dealing with different personalities of clients who call or appear at the WTN-CSP, stressful situation and potentially hostile people.
- Maintain high ethical standards by adhering to strict confidentiality standards; signs a WTN-CSP confidentiality statement upon employment with the WTN-CSP.
- Normal to light office work which includes the ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimal to no supervision.
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at www.winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference over Non-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Compensation: $17.30 per hour
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)