Open Until Filled
Reports to: Lead Groundskeeper
Salary (Grade): $11.15 (G5-E)
Status: Regular, FT(Non-exempt)
Status: Regular, FT(Non-exempt)
Location: Winnebago Tribal Facilities Department in Winnebago, Nebraska
Job Purpose & Position Overview
Maintenance and lawn care of all tribal grounds, exterior of all tribal buildings, parks, parking lots, and the Winnebago Cemetery.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Maintain and complete litter removal of all exterior tribal grounds to include but not limited to parks, parking lots, Winnebago Cemetery and Veteran’s Memorial Park.
- Mow lawns, edge walkways, and trim trees and hedges to give grounds a clean, manicured look.
- Apply fertilizer, seed, and weed killer as needed as well as water all identified areas.
- In conjunction with the Winnebago Wake & Burial Program will complete grave digging (during and after funerals), prepare rough boxes, and assist with burial services.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the company.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Valid driver’s license required; must be able to meet driver’s eligibility guidelines for insurance.
- One (1) year prior experience in a grounds keeping position preferred.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of all grounds equipment such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, tractors, bush hogs, backhoes, skip loaders, manual transmissions, dump trucks, and chainsaws required.
- Must perform all duties in a manner that adheres to and promotes defined company safety standards.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Both indoor and outdoor assignments are involved with frequent prolonged exposure to inclement weather. All groundskeepers may be required to work extended or irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays with frequently rotating shifts and duty stations. Assignments are subject to change without advance notice.
- Must attend all department meetings and training courses as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Normal to heavy work, which includes the ability to lift over 75 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands and feet to operate lawn equipment and company vehicles.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at www.winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference over Non-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Compensation: $11.15 per hour
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)