Reports to: Tribal Roads Manager
Salary (Grade): $24.34 (G21-E)
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
Status: Reg. Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
Location: Tribal Roads Department Winnebago, NE 68071
Job Purpose & Position Overview
Majority of work will be operation of field type heavy equipment. Will work under the direction of the Tribal Roads Manager. Will be responsible for the maintenance of tribal roads, right of ways, snow removal, work on the State snow and ice removal contract and other projects as assigned by the supervisor. Position will require ability to do minor repair on equipment and other shop work as directed. Drives trucks equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, dirt, gravel, crushed rock or bituminous paving materials, drives a truck with more than three (3) tons weight; applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads. After initial oral or written instructions, the incumbent is responsible for performing and completing each assignment with little to no supervision.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the Winnebago Tribe’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Will operate field type heavy equipment required for the maintenance of roads, ditches, and repair of wash outs. Equipment will typically have four (4) wheels end equipped with a rear PTO, three (3) point hitch or both.
- Will require knowledge and experience in making multiple connections to equipment and such adjustments as necessary to insure proper operation of equipment.
- Will do occasional work in patching road surfaces and seal coatings with asphalt materials.
- Duties will include; cleaning and maintaining drainage systems, mowing, weed control, brush and tree removal from right of ways, maintenance of road signs, guard rail and fence repair, winter preparation, and snow and ice control.
- Will require working in shop areas to do minor equipment service and repair and also cleaning and maintaining shop area.
- Drives truck with capacity of more than three (3) tons to destination.
- May load or unload truck.
- Responsible for truck inspection and supplies ensuring that the vehicle is operating in accordance with applicable commercial vehicle laws and regulations.
- May perform emergency roadside repairs as needed.
- Drives gasoline or diesel powered six (6) wheeled vehicles
- Uses heavy power mowers and other powered tools, adjust blades, cleans and oils mowers, digs ditches and trenches with shovel or powered equipment where dirt is hardened; grades and slopes ground, occasionally, or for short periods, uses a jackhammer to break up pavement, mixes and pours concrete, asphalt, and hot mix, fills and levels holes in damaged roads.
- Exerts very heavy physical effort in completing work, frequently lifting and moving objects weighing more than 50 pounds, operating heavy equipment on all types of surfaces.
- This work is often performed outdoors in all types of environments including extreme inclement weather.
- Indoor work conditions are often dusty or dirty, and may require personal protective equipment. Tools, equipment, and heavy objects involved may present risk of serious injury such as broken bones, severe abrasions, strained back, muscles, bruises and the like.
- Duties listed are only an illustration of various types of work performed. The omission of the specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the process.
- Must receive annual physical, which shows good physical and medical health.
- Must be able to lift 50 Lbs. or more.
- Must have knowledge and field experience in heavy equipment operation and general maintenance and minor repair of heavy equipment used for the maintenance of road systems.
- Must have ability to read signage for directions and safety and follow written instructions, schedules, and checklists.
- The work requires continual care and attention to finish the work properly and avoid accidents. Skill and ability to properly complete assignments involving several sequential steps or tasks which require the ability to remember detailed directions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Winnebago Tribe Insurance.
- Must possess a CDL, (commercial driver’s license) within one (1) year.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Will attend all department meetings and/or training courses as required or directed by the Tribal Roads Manager.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, and various office equipment.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
Certificates, Licenses & registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit an application at www.winnebagotribe.com, a resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are required. Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
- Call Human Resources at 402-878-2272 for further information.
As provided by Federal Law, all qualified Native American applicants shall receive preference over Non-Native American applicants. In the absence of qualified Native American applicants, consideration will be given to all other applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Compensation: $24.34 per hour
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Página Web de la Compañía: www.winnebagotribe.com
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)