EFFECTIVE: 8/3/2020 TO 12/31/2020
Tribal Generalist II
Reports to: To be determined by assignment
Salary (Grade): To be determined by assignment
Status: Variable Hour
Location: Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska in Winnebago, Nebraska
Job Purpose & Position Overview
Tribal Generalists will perform general or specific duties within an assigned department with the overall objective of continuing internal processes and/or mitigating interruption of tribal services. Tribal Generalists will adhere to the COVID-19 Temporary Staffing Assignment Policy Statement.
- Demonstrates the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Duties will vary based on assignment
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or be willing to enter into an educational plan.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet driver’s eligibility requirements for the Tribe’s motor vehicle insurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office utilities.
- Ability to navigate multi-line phone system.
- Customer service skills are required.
- Light to medium work which includes the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate computer keyboard, phone, various office equipment, and motor vehicle.
- While performing daily duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Both indoor and outdoor assignments may be involved with frequent prolonged exposure to inclement or extreme weather conditions. Generalist may be required to work extended or irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays with frequently rotating shifts and duty stations. Assignments are subject to change without advance notice.
- Reading, writing, calculating
- Above average social interaction skills
- Reasoning/Analysis and good judgment
- Works with minimal to no supervision
- Must possess the ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Must be able to continually and effectively employ professional verbal and written communications skills.
- As required by assignment
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- All applicants will comply with 45 CFR 1301, Subpart D, Section 1301.31, C and D, which require all prospective employees to sign a declaration prior to employment regarding all arrests and convictions of child abuse or violent felonies and to comply with PL 101-630 and PL 101-637 regarding criminal records check.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete an application at winnebagotribe.com
- A resume, cover letter, and two (2) letters of recommendation are preferred.
- Applications submitted after the closing date or without proper documents will not be considered.
- If claiming Native American or Veteran preference, please include pertinent documentation.
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.
Company Website: www.winnebagotribe.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)